Honda World Downey
Automotive Parts Counter Person
We have an IMMEDIATE position open. Automotive dealership in Downey, CA seeking Parts Counter person. Duties included but not limited to assisting technicians with parts needed for repairs. Answering and helping customers calling into the parts department. Assisting retail customers. And stocking and maintaining parts while keeping a professional appearance.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Prior parts department or retail sales experience a plus.
- Must be able to be on feet for multiple hours a day.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Assist walk in customers with part orders and needs.
- Pull purchased parts from stock.
- If the part is not in stock, determine alternatives, available time frames and locations.
- Provide price quotes and other information needed for customers, vendors, or wholesalers.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pickup.
- Assist Service Technicians in selecting parts needed for repairs or estimates.
- Notify service when special order parts have been received.
- Ensure that before parts can be charged out, the technician presents a repair order.
- Display seasonal parts and accessories in an attractive manner.
- Keep all bins, aisles, and storage areas clean, near and clearly labeled.
- Be friendly, professional, and efficient when working with customers and coworkers.
- Provide high levels of service to all dealership departments.
- Issue credit slips for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Keep counters clean and uncluttered.
- Maintain all customer information in a private manner according to state guidelines.
- Advise Parts Manager when areas of the department are not in satisfactory condition.
- Keep current on new products and product updates.
- Participate in factory training programs; online and in-person courses.
Looking for self motivated person able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug screening and credit report. Positive attitude a must.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Really Like To Hear From You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button